Understanding Tampa Truck Accidents
While all accidents are dangerous, truck accidents can be particularly devastating. They cause more severe injuries and are more complex in nature. Understanding how truck accidents happen and how they differ from car accidents is essential when dealing with a truck accident case. If you’ve been in a truck accident in Tampa, you need an experienced and knowledgeable attorney who understands these types of accidents to handle your case and get you the compensation you need to recover.
Truck Accidents Differ From Car Accidents
Due to their size, large trucks cause more damage and more severe injuries than cars in an accident. Truck accident cases are also more complex than car accidents and may involve multiple parties including the truck driver, the truck company, or the vehicle manufacturer. An experienced truck accident lawyer understands how each of these parties may be liable for your accident and will hold them accountable.
Truck Accidents Have Specific Causes
Like car accidents, truck accidents can be caused by a wide range of things from driver distraction to driver error. However, truck accidents have several causes that are specific to driving large trucks.
- Tired Driving: Tired driving is more likely for truck drivers because they work such long hours. This can lead to a slowed reaction time or even falling asleep at the wheel. And while hours are strictly regulated, truck drivers don’t always follow these regulations.
- Improper Loading: Drivers who fail to properly load cargo risk having the cargo shift while in motion. This can cause the truck to jackknife, meaning the truck’s trailer swings to a 90-degree angle and the driver loses control of the truck.
- Improper Maintenance: When drivers fail to properly maintain their trucks, this can lead to things like tire blowouts or brake failure and cause major accidents.
- Wide Turns: When trucks need to make turns, they often make very wide turns to compensate for the size of the truck. Sometimes they get too close to smaller vehicles when making these turns and the smaller vehicle gets crushed between the large truck and the curb.
- Blind Spots: Such large vehicles have large blind spots, making it difficult for truck drivers to see other vehicles on the road. When large trucks change lanes and do not see other vehicles in their blind spot, accidents can occur.
Contact an Experienced Tampa Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident in Tampa, contact the Capaz Law Firm. We understand truck accidents and will thoroughly review your case to determine who’s at fault and hold them accountable. We want you to get the compensation you deserve to recover from your accident. Call (813) 280-5555 for your free consultation.